Bo’s Place is a non-profit, free-of-charge bereavement center offering multiple grief support services for children, families, and adults in their grief journey, and provides education and resources for those who assist people in grief.
Bo’s Place was founded and operates on the belief that it is helpful and healing for grieving children and adults to share their stories, memories, experiences, thoughts, and feelings with other grieving children and adults. Bo’s Place offers the only free on-going grief support program in the greater Houston area for children and their families.
Part of the operating philosophy at Bo’s Place is:
- Grief is a natural reaction to the death of a loved one.
- The duration and intensity of grief are unique for each individual.
- In a safe and supportive environment, people have a natural capacity to heal.
- Moving through the grief journey is not about letting go; it is about finding ways to incorporate memories of the deceased and their legacy into one’s life so that over time the loss is less painful.
- Essential to the work of Bo’s Place is a guiding belief that the support group environment can be a source of empathy, understanding and encouragement to grieving children, adults, and their families during a very difficult time in their lives.
Bo’s Place began in 1990 as a grief support Information & Referral Line, providing callers with free grief resources and support contacts in the greater Houston area. In 1995, Bo’s Place located to a home in Houston’s Museum District and expanded its services to include grief support groups for children and their families thereby fulfilling the critical need for a program dedicated to meeting needs of grieving children. Today, Bo's Place is Houston's largest free-standing bereavement center providing grief support for children, families and adults free of charge.
In 2005, Bo’s Place moved to a new facility at 10050 Buffalo Speedway designed specifically for the grief support groups.
2015 ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program Internship
Hearts of Hope raises over $500,000
Thanks to culturemap for the great write-up of our luncheon! Read the article here.... More...
Find out about upcoming events at Bo's Place!