Rice Urban Immersion 2012
Bo's Place is thrilled to continue its partnership with Rice University by hosting students participating in the Urban Immersion program. Urban Immersion is an intensive, service-oriented program that introduces incoming Rice students to the urban issues, social needs, and cultural diversity of Houston while having a good time meeting other students. While at Bo's Place, students completed a variety of projects to help prepare for upcoming activities. Thanks to these wonderful students and welcome to Houston!
Thanks to Baylor College of Medicine student volunteers
Bo’s Place was pleased to host 17 students from Baylor College of Medicine for their Community Service Day. The students Bo’s Place prepared our newly acquired books for the new library, as well as completed 9 comfort blankets and 3 comfort pillows for the families of Bo’s Place grief support groups. Thanks to this wonderful group for their generosity of time and talents!
KUHF Radio features Bo's Place
KUHF, Houston's public radio station, recently aired a piece featuring Bo's Place. In just a few minutes, the spirit of Bo's Place is brought to life. Children's voices, coupled with testimonials from family participants and staff members, help demonstrate how Bo's Place is such a helpful place to those who are grieving the death of a loved one. Click here to listen to the radio clip or read the transcript.
Thank you to Gap volunteers
During July, 20 employees from Houston Gap stores volunteered at Bo’s Place, helping with a great variety of necessary projects which included cleaning and replacing items in the playroom and art room, folding and inventory of more than four hundred t-shirts, and relocating all the contents of two large storage rooms to make room for our new Music Room.
NCL Volunteers help make "Harry Potter Magic"
Thanks to mothers and daughters from National Charity League who helped us prepare for "Summer Daze @ Bo's Place: The Magic of Harry Potter" by making decorations for the program.
Thank you for being an ongoing volunteer group who makes such a difference!
- Resources about tornadoes and natural disasters
- New Brochure: where hearts are healed
- May e-Newsletter online now
- Happy Mother's Day?
- Job Posting for Katy Group Coordinator
- Bo's Buddies Bash
- Save the Date: Una Notte in Italia November 1
- Seasons of Grief
- How to talk to children about the Boston Marathon bombs
- April e-Newsletter
- Spring Cleaning from Fish Window Cleaning
- Camp Healing Hearts 2013
- Thank you to Mia's Table
- Thanks to 2013 Hearts of Hope Underwriters
- Hearts of Hope 2013 raises $300,000
- Spanish and Bilingual Support Groups
- Surprise your Valentine with a Buddy puppy!
- Kinkaid art students help Bo's Place rock!
- New picnic table for Bo's Place, thanks to Kinkaid student
- Bo's Place hosts reception for Quilters
- Team Bo's Place half marathon runner profiled in Chronicle
- Author Ron Hall to speak at Hearts of Hope Luncheon
- Purchase Hearts of Hope Tickets
- Helping grieving families through the holidays
- Support for Newtown, CT tragedy