Bo’s Place exists to enhance the lives of those who have experienced the death of a loved one.
A non-profit, free-of-charge bereavement center, Bo’s Place offers multiple grief support services for adults, children and families, and provides education and resources for those who assist people in grief.
Bo’s Place operates on the belief that it is helpful and healing for grieving children and adults to share their stories, memories, experiences, thoughts and feelings with those who can understand their journey. Bo’s Place offers the only free on-going grief support program in the greater Houston area for children and their families.
Part of the operating philosophy at Bo’s Place is:
- Grief is a natural reaction to death of a loved one.
- The duration and intensity of grief are unique for each individual.
- People have the internal capacity for healing, given a supportive and appropriate environment.
- Grief resolution is not about forgetting or letting go; it is about developing a different relationship with the deceased and continuing one’s own life.
- It is positive and possible for individuals and families who have experienced the death of a loved one to continue their lives with hope, recovery and growth.